Compensation Analyst plays a major role in the daily operation our company. This position has two primary duties. First, the compensation analyst supports our products and services with customer service. This includes account maintenance, answering routine questions, and customer correspondence. Second, compensation analyst performance several technical duties as they relate to the cleaning, storing, and retrieving of data files. Compensation Analyst relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Often requires exercising quick judgment and critical thinking to evaluate and analyze compensation data and respond to ad hoc requests. Position reports to the Director of Survey Design.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate corporate data loads with all industry corporate participants
- Review, analyze and clean all corporate provided data to be uploaded
- Upload compensation data provided via Excel spreadsheet for all industries
- Respond to customer questions and comments in a solutions oriented manner
- Respond to questions from subscribers regarding survey methodology
- Provide technical training to users on survey use and site navigation
- Provide data analysis and geographically adjusted reports to users
- Routine administrative tasks such as data entry, note taking, and answering phone.
- Work with Director of Information Technology to test software applications
- Work with Director of Survey Design on ad hoc reports, survey maintenance, survey improvements, and customer service issues
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of general HR principles and practices. Understand of basic compensation principles and definitions.
- Proficient with Personal Computer and MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of ACT, Access, and QuickBooks desired but not required.
- High-level proficiency in Excel required.
- Able to handle superior level of confidentiality concerning employee information.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, telephone, presentation, organization, decision-making, and planning skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, finance or accounting.
- Experience in compensation administration or other professional experience that includes data analysis, research, and/or reporting.
- Customer Service, Sales, and/or Database experience a plus
- Candidate must be detail oriented and a team player
- Hospitality or healthcare industry experience a plus.